Friday, August 29, 2008

My week off (and on)

Hi, I felt burned out on reading church films of records made in the 1850's and 60' so I convinced myself I needed to take some time off. There was so much I wanted to do. I weeded the little garden and actually walked again, but sort of bent over! By the end of the first day, I figured I could put myself in the hospital in no time! It was something when I climbed up on a chair (feat in itself), took down the sheers, removed all their hardware, washed them, got them dried without wrinkles in them, and then wrinkled 'em putting them back up. Other than having more hooks than eyes, I managed that without falling, washed windows and blinds, and had more aches and pains everyday, but didn't land in the hospital like I usualy do when I vary from the Big Routine.

The twins and I took Kay to Mueller Park on the Wasatch Forest. Wow, what a wonderful thing it turned out to be! A picnic??? pink box lunches tied with pink net. The pink net ended up on Kay's head (tied like a flapper's) and on Sheila's tied like Snow White, around my neck (hubba, hubba like the 50's) and around Colleen's like a graduate's colors. The little stream gurgled and murmured soothing little bubbles, the birds were a whisper of a song in the treetops, the horizon was rough with occasional pines showing and some shape of mountains topped with a very blue sky. It was wonderful walking in the open and simply enjoying the peace. Of course, I hadn't seen The Good, the Bad and the Grizzly movie yet!

Then I was leaning on Sheila's red car and noticed it was dusty. I had washed my car the day before and I said brightly, "I just washed this car yesterday and look at it!" There was a startled silence and I realized what I had said. Kay mumbled to herself sort of, "I didn't know you washed Sheila's cars now!" Well, we had a good laugh over that though I felt pretty foolish.

The week is almost over and I'm surviving. Rachel, Kathy Hyde is taking good care of my hair and she is a very sweet lady. Of course, I miss you though and the atmosphere at the Brickyard Plaza.

2 comments:

Becki Madsen said...

Grandma,
You are such a hard worker and a wonderful example to your grandchildren. Thank you for all you do! I sure enjoy reading your blog! Love you!

Ashley's Life said...

hi gg this is ashley i didn't know you had a blog i miss you so much! i hope we can visit sometime i love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. love you ashley madsen