Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Observances

Driving home from the COB today about 12:30, it seemed to me every driver was a woman with her hair blown back (they all looked like the hood ornament on a 50's pontiac!) I figure the women are out doing all those miserable little chores, taking up their lunch hour, managing a job and a home and their men-- their courageous husbands--are much too wise to spend their lunchtime arguing with bill collectors, etc. In the 50's Pontiac had a hood ornament that looked like a flying woman with her hair blown back. I got a chuckle out of it, but I would have been happier if I could have drawn it.

I'm concerned that there has been a rash of single engine plane wrecks and wonder if it has something to do with the price of gas. Have plane owners/pilots found a way to get greater mileage out of their cessna's? and somehow the gas causes the engines to fail? is this possible? In two weeks, two plane crashes in Utah, two planes collided in Wyoming skies, a huge SPAINAIR plane crashed on takeoff. It seems to fit the gasoline/economic crises we are in right now. Ali can testify a plane wreck is soul shocking!

I had a thought the other night watching Lawrence Welk's champagne music. When the dancer dies, does the rhythm cease? When the singer dies, does the song die, too?! Well, I can't keep my feet still when the music starts even now. I love your blogs and the wonderful pictures of my great looking family. Trevor and Whitney are getting their new home liveable; Lexi is moved into her dorm; Bri and Brad are very comfortable in Mapleton and Makaela started school today. Isaac Wood can read his Cambodian scriptural verse within 3 seconds now! Little Hailey Madsen is still in the Hospital, but she is stronger everyday, according to her grandma, Sheila!

I got this horrible shock on Tuesday 8/19 when I saw my face in raw sunlight! AyYai, should I end it all!!!

1 comment:

Sheila Madsen said...

Loved the analogy to hood ornaments. I can picture in my mind just the one you described. I really like hood ornaments. Maybe that is one reason I liked the Jaguar so much as it had a jaguar on the hood.